Domain 1: Training coordination
Slack & Evernote
- Smartphone, tablet and / or laptop or computer
- Internet connection
- productivity software
- Slack, Evernote
In this activity, we will combine the basic functionality of SLACK and Evernote to create an integrated coordination environment in which information management (knowledge management) and communication go hand in hand.
Creating a functionally rich single/integrated environment for the coordination and planning of a training.
- To analyse the coordination needs of the training project
- To combine and integrate software tools to create an integrated coordination environment
Step 1. Participants download and install Slack and Evernote. If necessary, they create accounts. In Slack they may set up communication channels, in Evernote they may create a notebook, tags..
Step 2. In this activity, participants combine the basic functionality of SLACK and Evernote to create an integrated coordination environment in which information management (knowledge management) and communication go hand in hand. Participants use and explore basic functionality of SLACK in the context of planning and coordinating a learning activity with a small team of colleagues and combine it with the information capturing and storing capacity of Evernote.
Step 3. Participants capture information they shared and decisions they made in Slack in Evernote and add notes, next steps and other project information. They effectively turn Slack messages into Evernote tasks or notes — without leaving Slack. In the other direction, participants search, find and share note made in Evernote to conversations in Slack.
- Downloading and installing Slack and creating an account. Downloading and installing Evernote and creating account
- Integrating Evernote in Slack
- Exchanging data between Evernote and Slack (in both directions)
Use an authentic context based on input from the participants.