With digital murals it is possible to confront perspectives, debate and reflect together on different topics or subjects. Digital murals, or digital boards, may also be used to discuss a subject or to make a sum up, to plan activities, projects and group work, among others.
In a short time by these means it is possible to share information in a board available online where everybody with permissions can access it. Posts could be illustrated with images, videos and links to other web pages in order to in-depth a specific subject.
This kind of tools may be used for different pedagogical purposes.More
By using Perception tool you can create, deliver, and report on assessments: learning outcomes, certify knowledge, skills and abilities, demonstration of regulatory compliance. Its full range of possibilities are:
- Pre/post course tests
- Practice tests
- Placement tests
- Course evaluations
- Needs evaluations
- Job task analysis
- Knowledge checks
- Internal exams
- Observational assessments
- Certification and licensing exams
Another characteristics of interest to be highlighted are:
- Option of multiple languages
- Provides a collaborative, secure authoring environment.
- Responsive designs.
- Blended delivery (online, offline, via learning management systems and through test centres).
- Extensive reports and analytics (trustable results compliance).
- Choice of twenty different item types.
Ultimately, it is a software product that gathers lots of possibilities to boost learning self-assessment processes, according to the skill level of the leaners. At the same time, it enables the teacher monitoring the learning progress of the students.
In terms of affordability, it is not a free ICT tool. Its cost can be amortized in four years period time. Also it offers a free trial of thirty days to check if it worth the money, according to the use intended.More
- It is very useful to measure progresses made by learners, and use data obtained as a starting point, not just an ending metric.
- It is easy to use.
- Only the teacher needs a device: computer/tablet/smartphone (Plickers can be managed through the website or an application available for mobiles and tablets).
- It favours regular and frequent assessments.
- It provides automatic correction. Answers are collected very quickly through scanning.
- It supplies immediate feedback in real-time.
- You can monitor student progress and save time grading.
- You can view either individual results or group results.
- It is reliable.
- You can share data/information with other teachers (exporting results to excel or with the printing option).
- It involves active participation from all the students.
- It increases motivation and reduces anxiety associated to individual tests.
- It helps teachers to know quickly and precisely if students have the background needed in terms of knowledge, enabling a prompt personalized response. This will allow the teacher to meet the demands, reinforcing the learning process.
The value of ProjectLibre is not as much pedagogical / andragogical as it managerial: it allows trainers to plan all aspect of their training, including the use of other more specific software with andragogical value.
Andragogical value for the trainers using the programme is that they can also use it in other not only professional but also personal domains to plan and coordinate (life) projects.More
The building of an online group favours interaction among adult learners. It can be used as a complement of face to face work moments. It also allows a personalised guidance of work achieved by each adult learner and the monitoring of each one’s learning path.More
The specific value of SLACK compared to alternatives is the focus on communication (and sharing) among team members. Conversely, SLACK is not your best option if you are not working with of within a team.More
Socrative provides an engaging easy to use classroom tool that teachers can use as part of their classroom activities to identify levels of student understanding of instruction on a real-time basisMore
VoiceThread is a tool which allows educators to create content and receive feedback online in asynchronous mode.More
Blogs have been widely used as digital information sharing vehicles, enabling the disclosure of a variety of subjects. Becoming an online content producer is something that is available to anyone with ideas to share.
In an educational and training context, it is a useful tool for the construction of activities characterized by dialogue and reciprocity
(collaborative learning). In that way it can be a adequate pedagogical strategy to promote and foster the feeling of virtual community around the group of trainees.
It could be also a good way to show and share the learning activities and the work done by the participants during a training course.More