Domain 2: Training need assessment and Domain 6: Training evaluation
Socrative is a tool for fun, effective classroom engagement. It allows the teacher to instantly connect with students as learning happens and assess them with prepared activities or on-the-fly questions to get immediate insight into student understanding.
Different activity types are available:
- design and edit your own library of quizzes specifically for your students. Save them to your Socrative account to use at a later time
- creating virtual rooms where to launch activities to instantly engage your students, whether they’re in class or learning remotely
- engaging your students by launching a quiz, a competition, receiving exit tickets, or asking a quick question for instant student feedback
- visualizing student understanding in real-time as student results populate your screen
- reporting student understanding at the class or individual student; you can quickly download, email, or transfer reports to Google Drive anytime.
It works on computers, laptops, tablets, and mobile phones.
Socrative provides an engaging easy to use classroom tool that teachers can use as part of their classroom activities to identify levels of student understanding of instruction on a real-time basis
Socrative is a web-based platform accessible on Macintosh, Windows, and Chrome-based operating systems. All you need is an HTML-5 compliant web browser and an internet-connected desktop, laptop, Chromebook, mobile device, or tablet.
(more details are available at https://help.socrative.com/hc/en-us/articles/219985468-Socrative-Requirements)
Two license plans: free or Pro
Teachers need to register and get an account, while students just have to know the room name to access.
In addition to the web-based version, mobile apps for Android, Chrome-based OS, iOS are also available